See Parkering Drøbak Sentrum bigger map.
The easiest way to Drobak is driving the national road E6 from north or south. Signs along the main road leads you off to Drobak. The distance from the national road is apporximately 12–14 kms. If you arrive from the western side of the Oslo Fjord, there are two options:
• Alternative 1: take the ferry from Horten to Moss and then drive the E6 nortwards. Ferry schedule at: www.basto-fosen.no.
• Alternative 2: Drive national road E18 to Drammen, where signs lead you on to main road 23. This road takes you through the beautiful countryside of Hurum before the Oslo Fjord tunnel brings you under the fjord to Drobak.
Central Drobak offers free car parking for the first two hours at Banklokka, which is the central parking lot near to the Town Square. The Shopping mall Drobak City offers 4 hours free car parking. In central Drobak there are several meters alowing two hour periods of parking. At Sjotorget, next to the Tourist Office, the parking meters allow parking up to 9 hours. Overnight parking is free between 05.00 p.m. and 08.00 a.m. Summertime you may also find free parking at Seiersten aside the entrance road of Drobak (look for signs).
Bus Service Oslo – Drobak
There are express and normal bus shuttles between Oslo and Drobak. The express shuttle takes 40 minutes, the normal connection about 50 minutes.
The bus leaves from Oslo Bus Terminal nearby the Oslo Central Station and ends up at the old Ferry terminal in the southern harbour of Drobak. There also are local buses between Drobak and Ås, see www.ruter.no
From Ski and Ås there is a train connection to Oslo Central Station and southwards. Complete oversight of routes and timetables: www.nsb.no
Express Ferry Service Oslo – Drobak: Great Sightseeing!
If you arrive in your own boat, you may stay overnight in three different guest harbours:
Drobak Guest Harbour
This new harbour is situated in the southern part of Drobak. Here you will also find a nice seaside harbour restaurant: The Sea Star (Sjøstjernen). This harbour is serviced by a full-time assistant. Maximum stay is 3 days. Prices: • Daytime until 05.00 p.m. NOK 50,– • Boats less than 20 foot NOK 100,– per day • Boats 20–40 foot NOK 200,– per day • Boats 40–50 foot NOK 300,–per day • Electricity NOK 50,– per day. • Receipt label must be attached clearly at your place in the harbour. More info: www.frogn.kommune.no/kommunen/nyheter/Drobak-gjestehavn1/
Drobak Boat Harbour
If there is space available, you may stay for some time or overnight. Free places are labeled. Prices: • NOK 100,– per night for boats up to 30 foot • NOK 150,– for boats over 30 foot. This harbour is run by the Drøbak Boating Club, and the local guards will help you during the summertime week-ends. More info: www.drobak-baatforening.com
Oscarsborg Guest Harbour
A service assistant attends this harbour from thursdays to sundays. There is space for approximately 100 boats. Prices: • NOK 6,00 per foot for staying overnight. • Daytime visit: NOK 10,– per hour for boats less than 25 foot (+ NOK 50,– deposit fee) / NOK 20,– per hour for boats over 25 foot (+ NOK 100,– deposit fee). You may stay at the dock until 11.00 p.m. Payment either to the service assistant or automate. Included in the service is electricity, water, toilets, waste handling and internet connection. Pre-booking is not available.
Info: Tel + 47 97 43 47 79 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• From Oslo: Start your departure from Oslo by bus 83 leaving from Vika/Vestbanen (near the City Hall). The bus provides safe and interesting transportation along the seaside to Oslo Fjordcamp at Hvervenbukta, which offers a nice beach (tel 455 04 765 / email@example.com). From here, choose Gamle Mossevei (”The old road to Moss”) which offers a picturesque route for bicyclists along the lake Gjersjøen and the amusement park Tusenfryd. The road continues along Bunnefjorden and another lake, Årungen. From there you will find a passage under the motorway, and from here most small roads will lead to Drøbak (follow signs). Further south there is also a bridge leading over the motorway. Useful map: på www.frogn.kommune.no/Kart
• From Moss: Find the local road in the direction of Kambo that leads further on along the coast. Follow signs for Son on your way to Drøbak. You may also take a “side tour” to Hvitsten, a local community at the seaside – well known for it’s exhibited figureheads from historic trade vessels owned by Fred. Olsen Line. In general, the whole area is very suitable for bicycling, and the mentioned villages are well worth a stop on your way. We do recommend an up-to-date road map.
• From Ski and Ås: Follow main road 52 in direction of Drøbak. Most of this distance offers separate, safe bicycle lanes. It takes you through a beautiful agricultural landscape with traditional farmhouses, most of them meticulously well kept. Along the road there are burial mounds from the viking era to be seen. Ski and Ås offers a regular railway connection to Oslo Central Station.
The mentioned routes for bicycles are also tempting drives for MC-enthusiasts who want to avoid the motorway and enjoy curvy country roads. Many MC riders prefer to take a break in Drøbak Harbour, where coffee, soft drinks etc. is available at the kiosk.
Travelling by Air
• Oslo Rygge Airport is the closest airport to Drøbak, 30–40 minutes away by car. Flight times and airport transportation info at www.ryg.no
• Oslo Gardermoen Airport is Norway’s Main Airport. Travelling time by car to Drøbak is approximately 1 hour (50% more during busy day hours through Oslo Ring Road). General info at www.gardermoen.no.
Airport Bus Shuttle
Bus Service (Flybussen) stops at the junction Korsegården at the E6, situated some 12 kms from Drøbak. Timetable at www.nor-way.no, look for route F11 Fredrikstad–Gardermoen or F16 Sarpsborg–Gardermoen. From Korsegården there is a bus connection to Drøbak, see www.ruter.no. Taxi could also be ordered from www.follotaxi.no or by telephone 06485, 24 hours service.
Travelling Routes & Times
- www.ruter.no (Ruter# – Train, bus and boat)
- www.basto-fosen.no (Ferry Moss – Horten)
- reiseplanlegger.ruter.no (Ruter# – Plan your trip)
- www.ryg.no (Fly Oslo Rygge Airport)
- www.gardermoen.no (Oslo Gardermoen Airport)
- www.nor-way.no (NOR-WAY Bus Express)
- www.follotaxi.no (Follo Taxi)